Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) rubber O rings exhibit exceptional resistance to extreme temperatures, with a range spanning from -10°C to +260°C. Certain specialized compounds even possess the capability to function effectively beyond the threshold of 300°C.
FFKM O rings demonstrate remarkable resilience against extreme temperatures, offering a temperature range from -10°C to +260°C. Certain specialized compounds can even withstand operation beyond 316°C. Notably, FFKM O rings exhibit unparalleled resistance to a wide array of chemicals, including inorganic acids, alkalines, ketones, esters, alcohols, fuels, and hot water. This exceptional chemical resistance renders them suitable for deployment in aggressive chemical environments, finding use in applications spanning highly aggressive chemical processing, semiconductor wafer fabrication, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas recovery, and aerospace.
The established, enduring performance of FFKM parts translates to reduced frequency of seal replacements, repairs, and inspections, contributing to heightened process and equipment uptime, ultimately leading to enhanced productivity and yield. Moreover, FFKM O rings offer low outgassing characteristics, making them well-suited for vacuum-sealing applications.
- Demonstrates exceptional temperature resistance, reaching up to 316°C
- Possesses extraordinary chemical resistance capabilities
- Maintains elasticity akin to FKM (fluoroelastomers)
- Provides reliable and extended service life
- Performs well in vacuum environments
- Exhibits good resistance to aging
- Can adhere to FDA standards, where applicable
- Find utility in high vacuum technology and semiconductor industries
- Suitable for nearly all chemical applications
- Applicable in food and medicine sectors
- Employed in various equipment including pumps, reactors, blenders, and valves
- Valuable in mechanical seal configurations
- Holds significance in the aerospace domain
FFKM rubber O-ring properties