Teflon sheet is made of Teflon raw materials through molding or extrusion. According to the different Teflon raw materials and the industry's statement and main application, Teflon sheet can be divided into PTFE sheet, PFA sheet, FEP sheet, PVDF sheet. In the fluorine industry, PTFE sheets and PVDF sheets are mainly used in huge amounts, while PFA sheets and FEP sheets are relatively small.
Next, Chong from Yozonetech Co., Ltd. will introduce the properties and applications of PTFE sheets and PVDF sheets:
1. The performance and application of PTFE sheet: PTFE sheet is also called polytetrafluoroethylene sheet, which is made of polytetrafluoroethylene resin by compression molding and can be made into sheet, turning film and tube. Ptfe board (also called PTFE board, Teflon board, Teflon board) is divided into two types: molding and turning. The molded board is formed by molding polytetrafluoroethylene resin at room temperature, and then sintered and cooled. to make. PTFE turning board is made of PTFE resin after compaction, sintering and rotary cutting.
1. Features The operating temperature range is very wide (from -180 degrees Celsius to +260 degrees Celsius).
It is basically resistant to all chemicals except some fluorides and alkaline metal liquids.
Excellent mechanical properties including aging resistance especially for bending and oscillating applications.
Excellent insulation properties (regardless of its frequency and temperature), extremely low water absorption, and a series of unique properties such as self-lubricating and non-stick properties.
Disadvantages: high expansion rate, low mechanical strength, not resistant to wear and creep, but adding bronze powder can increase very high wear resistance.
2. Application of seals/gaskets, ring materials, wear-resistant plates/seats, insulating parts, corrosion-resistant industries, mechanical parts, linings, oil and gas, petrochemical industry, chemical industry, equipment manufacturers, etc.
2. Performance and application of PVDF board: PVDF board is a relatively pure polymer, which does not contain additives such as UV stabilizers, heat stabilizers, softeners, lubricants or flame retardants.
PDF plates can be welded into tanks and equipment with PVDF welding rods. Used to hold various chemical liquids. It is especially suitable for pure water systems and the transfer of pure chemical reagents in the semiconductor industry. Due to its chemical inertness, PVDF hardly reacts with any media. High temperature resistance, excellent chemical corrosion resistance and hydrolysis resistance, outstanding UV resistance and weather resistance. High mechanical strength, good rigidity, good creep resistance, good sliding and wear resistance, inherent low flammability, good electrical insulation performance. 2.1 PVDF board features higher rigidity and pressure-bearing capacity than similar polytetrafluoroethylene, but less lubricity and electrical insulation. It has high strength and high toughness under low temperature conditions, and can be extinguished by itself. Its working temperature is between -60°C and +150°C. PVDF is stable to chlorides, bromides and energy rays. Ester and ketone solutions can corrode it at high temperature
1. Disadvantages of PVDF board: Fume containing fluorine when burning, it is not easy to bond.
2. PVDF boards are used in semiconductors, liquid crystal related devices and other electronic industries, chemical devices, food processing machines, various parts of packaging machines, pipes, seals, pump parts, rotating discs, valves, slide rails, etc. Suitable for petrochemical, chemical, metallurgy, food, paper, textile, pipes, seals, pump components, rotating discs, valves, stop valves, extraction centrifuges, cogs, pipe connections, slide rails. Manufacturing of components for the pharmaceutical and atomic energy industries.